Four-time WTCC champion Muller rules out 2017 Volvo drive
|By Neil Hudson||Monday, February 13th 2017, 10:43 GMT|
Four-time World Touring Car champion Yvan Muller has quashed suggestions his Volvo test could lead to a 2017 race seat.
Muller called time on his WTCC career at the end of the 2016 season when Citroen left the series, but tested with Volvo at the Algarve circuit earlier this month.
However the 47-year-old ruled out racing with the Swedish manufacturer.
"For a few days I've been reading a lot about myself," said Muller.
"In order to put an end to all speculation, I announced at the end of last year that I had decided to stop my full-time driver career, which was a deliberate choice.
"That decision is still valid.
"I have absolutely no intention of repeating a full season as a driver, but I have always said that it is not impossible that I will be driving again occasionally, when I feel like it.
"But today there is nothing planned."
Muller's race team is moving into the European Le Mans Series this year, and he hinted that might not be the extent of his 2017.
"As for my professional future, it has been decided for a few months already, but the announcement will be made on time," he said.