Click to view our fantastic subscription offers

Instant access to the F1 paddock

You have 10 views remaining

You have read 5 stories this month. After 15, you will need to register or subscribe.

Register with us for free to view 25 stories a month.

Or subscribe to AUTOSPORT+ for unlimited news stories and access to our exclusive subscriber-only content.

Our commitment to quality journalism

We've introduced metered access to AUTOSPORT which will ensure that the majority of our visitors can continue to view the site for free. But we think that is worth a small investment from those who use it most, so that we can continue to send the leading experts in their field to motor racing paddocks all over the world to break the latest news and produce the most compelling interviews and race reports.

Every visitor gets 15 free page views per month. Once you reach the limit you can register to get 25 views or choose one of our value-for-money subscription packages to continue viewing and to get additional access to a range of features including:

  • Unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
  • Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
  • Get AUTOSPORT magazine in a digital format on your computer or iPad every week
  • Full access to FORIX - the world's best motorsport statistics website

We greatly appreciate your continued support to keep AUTOSPORT at the forefront of motorsport coverage, and we look forward to welcoming you as a new subscriber.


Glenn Freeman
AUTOSPORT.com Editor

autosport.com
Search:
Find out more about our subscriptions
  AUTOSPORT+ LOGIN AUTOSPORT Plus  
Username:
Password:
You are on the classic version of Autosport. Visit www.autosport.com to see our new site.

Prost to Test Bernoldi and Servia

The Prost Formula One team said on Tuesday they will try out Brazilian Enrique Bernoldi and Spaniard Oriol Servia in testing this week.

A spokeswoman said both were expected to test in Barcelona on Thursday although there was a chance one might get a drive on Wednesday.

Prost have yet to name a second driver to partner Frenchman Jean Alesi, at 36 the oldest driver in Formula One, next season to take the place of German Nick Heidfeld.

Heidfeld has moved to Sauber where Bernoldi was the Swiss-based team's test driver last season.

Brazilian Pedro Diniz, a Sauber driver last season, purchased a "significant" stake in the Prost team last month and has taken a managerial role with the team.

Bernoldi had been considered the leading candidate for a drive with Sauber next season had the ruling FIA turned down the team's request for a licence for Finnish rookie Kimi Raikkonen.

Servia raced in the U.S. CART championship last season after winning the Indy Lights title the year before.

The Prost team tested for the first time since the end of last season on Tuesday, with Alesi in the old Peugeot-engined car but using Michelin tyres for the first time. The team will be using Ferrari engines from the New Year.


  © 2017 Reuters. All rights reserved
Subs
  More news  
    advertisement
  RELATED LINKS
Read the AUTOSPORT Digital Edition
See highlights from 60 years of AUTOSPORT
  FOLLOW AUTOSPORT ON
FOLLOW AUTOSPORT ON TWITTER
Breaking news feed
Live commentary feed